This is my first Top 5 Wednesday. I was doing WWW posts, but they got so repetitive that I got bored with them. So, I thought I would try something new.
Here is how it works.
Lainey and Samantha have a group over on Goodreads, called Top 5 Wednesday. They give us a different prompt each week and you choose the 5 books that meet the prompt. I hope you go over and give the group a look. It is really fun!
With no further ado, here we go.
March 3, 2021: Star of the Show
Some books warm your heart so much that you wish you could hop right into the story as a character! If you had to be the main character of five books, which would they be?
1. It would have to be Daphne from The Duke and I. There is nothing more that I would rather be than a Duchess in Victorian England. What could be better than being in charge of a gigantic house, and guide servants and entertain callers all day? I would be in my element of sleeping all day and being up all night, though I would be at glamorous balls instead of sitting on my couch eating popcorn while typing up blog posts in the wee hours.
2. I would love to change places with Martha Spicer of The Good Wife. She is accused of being a witch, which would be cool in it’s own right, but really she is mostly a healer. She would be a great addition to any apothecary. I think being an apothecary would be a most delightful job. All the bits and bobs, using a mortar and pestle, and just working as a healer would be fantastic.
3. A great job to have would be Queen of the Vampires! We meet Mina in Metallic Red. In that book she is fitting in with the humans at a local high school. But, in Yes, Your Majesty, she is fully the Queen of Appalachia. She is a teenage half-vampire who takes over the royal duties after her uncle, the king, dies. Being a half-vampire would be incredibly neat, but to be the queen? That would be the ultimate in awesomeness!
4. In Refuge: A Intergalactic Space Opera, Gredin of the Vennan race is a young translator for her people. But, once their planet is destroyed, Gredin becomes the leader of her people. I think it would be very stressful to be thrown into this role. However, she is respected and The Power guides her through her new role. The other races in this book are also just as fascinating and I would love to interact with them.
5. Lastly, I would love to trade places with Amari Peters in Amari and the Night Brothers. She is a gifted magician. I would love to be an illusionist and spend all my time with the other gifted folks. Her roommate is half dragon! I would definitely enjoy spending all my time hanging out with the other supernatural folks.
And there you have it. These are the books that I would want to be the main character. I hope you enjoy my first try at the Top 5 Wednesday.
What a fun post. I have been thinking about trying out some of the bookish memes, but I feel like I need to get ahead on my reviews first. I may have to give this one a try.
I’ve been wanting to try this meme out for awhile and had been scared. But it really is fun. I hope you get caught up on your reviews soon.
Welcome to Top 5 Wednesday! I don’t know any of these books but Refuge sounds interesting!
I don’t usually like sci fi but I loved Refuge. It’s the first book in a trilogy. I’m about to read the second book, Aftershock, next week.