Many thanks to Esther over at Cozy With Books for bestowing upon me this awesome award! I hope you head over to her blog and see what she is up to.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
If you could wipe your mind of ONE book/series, just so you can experience it for the first time again, what books/series would it be for?
This is a hard one. I want to wipe my mind of most books I read so I can get that first read feeling. But, I would have to say the Harry Potter series. While I disagree wholeheartedly with the author and her views, I would love to relive the magic I felt the first time I picked up Harry Potter.
Do you have a favorite book couple? Who are they?
My favorite book couple is a tie between Marianne Dashwood and Captain Brandon and Elinor Dashwood and Edward Ferrars. Sense and Sensibility is my all time favorite book and I love Elinor and Edward for the soul mates that they are and watching them in their individual torments makes me root for them. However, Marianne’s feelings about second love are thrown out the window as she falls in love with Brandon. Both are so sweet.
Pick your favorite book setting and then pick your favorite real life setting. What are they?
My favorite book setting is London in the Victorian age. While my favorite real life setting changes depending on my mood. Today a quiet mountain cabin sounds like a great place to be, yet other days a nice white sand beach in the Gulf of Mexico sounds ideal.
If you could meet a character and interview them, what are your top three questions?
If I were to interview the Man in Black, aka Wesley from The Princess Bride, I would ask him these three questions:
- How did it feel to be almost dead?
- Why didn’t you reveal yourself when you saw Buttercup again?
- Why did you allow Humperdinck to live?
If your favorite character was granted three genie wishes, what would they wish for?
Oh my! You are asking me to pick a favorite character? If I must, I choose Elinor Dashwood, and her three wishes would be:
- Equality for women
- To clip out the tongue of Miss Lucy Steele
- A day of pure frivolity
If YOU had three bookish wishes, what would YOU wish for?
Oh, this one is easy!
- To be a witch with a predisposition for light magic.
- Live in a Victorian romance novel where a nobleman falls in love with me.
- Make a home in a hobbit hole in Middle Earth.
What is your favorite type of blog post?
Well, I mostly do reviews, and a lot of those are for blog tours. But they are not my favorite type of posts. I haven’t done many, but I am loving the WWW Wednesday posts and I have found a love for the various booktags.
I always thought that I had to be completely professional on my blog in order to appear a proper book blogger, but Dave from The Write Reads and all of my Weirdo friends have helped me see that I can have fun too. So, you will see many more posts like this one on the blog.
Do you enjoy writing your posts in the morning or night?
I have been a night owl most of my life and usually prefer to write my posts at night but have them scheduled to post the next morning. But my schedule has been rather erratic lately and I find that I am writing posts whenever I can fit them in and publishing them right away.
Would your favorite book/series make for a good video game? How about a movie or TV show?
I don’t think Sense and Sensibility would make a very good video game, but the retellings do very well in movies and tv.
You’re stuck in jail with the last character you read. What’re your chances of breaking out?
The last book I read was Rough Country and the main character is a cop, so I think my chances of breaking out are pretty good.
What is your favorite genre to read?
It depends on my mood really. Though, if I really wanted to do nothing but lounge away the day and read, you will probably find me with a good Victorian or Regency romance novel.
- What book/series best describes your family dynamic?
- If you could choose a song describing your favorite character, what would it be?
- If your favorite book couple lived next door, would they offer you a cup of sugar if you were in need?
- What type of tea best fits the character from your last book?
- Would the family from your favorite classic novel be the kind who decorates for the winter holidays in October, or would they be more traditional?
- Does your favorite villain have a pet?
- Do you spend a lot of time marketing your blog?
- If you have a book bestie, do you share tastes or are you at opposite ends of the spectrum?
- Do you do buddy reads?
- How many books are on your TBR right now?
- What is the most relaxing book you have ever read?
I loved your answers! I started out admiring (still do) and feeling like I NEEDED to be professional in my posts too, but I simply couldn’t change my writing style no matter how hard I tried. It wouldn’t be me if I didn’t sneak some joke or author’s comment in there.
Hold on. Rough Country and cop? DID YOU READ VIRGIL FLOWERS?!? ???
In retrospect, I should’ve looked at your blog first to realize I already read your Rough Country review ?♀️but I got excited…because there’s also Rough Country by John Sandford and the MC is also a cop ?
And I should have read all my comments before responding. lol I am definitely going to add the John Sandford to my Goodreads TBR.
It is a lot more fun to be yourself in your posts. 🙂 Also, the book I read was called Rough Country, but now I am intrigued by this Virgil Flowers. I will have to look it up.
He’s a tall, blond, “hair too long to be a cop’s” womanizer with a magnetic charm for both women and trouble alike. His series is my favorite ? (for the genre at least).
Interesting, the cop in my book had long hair a huge beard. Definitely not a womanizer though. lol
My pleasure Emma. 🙂
Thanks for tagging me! I love your answers!
Thank you 🙂
Thank you very much.
Your answers are fabulous! I love your interview questions for Wesley, and your wishes for Elinor are perfect! lol Thanks so much for the tag! 🙂
Thank you very much! This was a lot of fun and I look forward to posting many more like it. And, I tagged you because your blog is one of my favorites. 🙂
Awww- thanks so much! That means a lot! 🙂
Great tag Kimberly, really enjoyed your answered and those are some great questions! 🙂
Thank you. Those questions were hard to come up with. I am not very creative for an avid reader. lol
Ahaha, I’m not very creative question-wise either!
Thanks so much for the tag!
You’re welcome. I love your blog!
Thank you! <3